Richard C. Felch Memorial
RULES GOVERNING THE RICHARD C. FELCH SCHOLARSHIP
1. Any award made under these rules shall be known as an "Richard C. Felch Memorial Scholarship Award".
2. Only the following individuals shall be eligible for awards.
(a) Dependent children or grandchildren of eligible members.
3. A maximum of Four (4) awards of not more than $1,000.00 each shall
be given this school year. In addition, the Alternate selected will receive a $500.00 award.
(b) Dependent children of deceased members provided, that the member
was in continuous good standing, for twelve (12) consecutive months prior
to and including the month oh his/her death during the scholastic year
the grant is awarded.
(c) Grandchildren of Richard C. Felch.
1) "children" shall include stepchildren and legally adopted children.
2) "Eligible members shall be defined as those members of the Local
Union -Teamsters Local Union #42 - that have been in continuous good standing
for at least twelve (12) consecutive months prior to and including the
month of application.
3) "Good standing" is defined as a member having his initiation
fee, monthly dues, assessments and/or fines paid in full.
4) Children of Officers, business agents, organizers, and employees
of Local #42 are not eligible to participate.
4. Awards will be issued for students accepted and entering accredited
Universities, Colleges and Junior Colleges.
5. Recipients must attend a college accredited by the Federation
of Regional Accrediting Commissions of Higher Education. These institutions
are listed in Accredited Institutions of Higher Education, published by
the American Council of Education.
6. Only those students graduating from high school in the year the
grant is awarded are eligible for years grant.
7. If the recipient is unable to attend college due to a medically
certified illness, the scholarship will be held in abeyance for not more
than one (1) year.
8. All awards will be paid directly to the school in which the student
is enrolled. Any unused monies from a grant shall be returned to Teamsters
Local Union #42 if for any reason the student withdraws from school during
the year for which the grant was made.
9. Scholarship money may be applied only towards legitimate school
expenses, such as tuition, room, board, books and miscellaneous expenses.
10. Applications must be submitted on forms furnished by your Local
Union or on the Local Union Web Page and must be returned to your Local Union for approval by April 12, 2019.
11. The grants will be awarded on the basis of a drawing at the
Teamsters Local Union #42 Regular monthly meeting held in April. Scholarship
Award Winners and one (1) Alternate will be selected by a retired Teamster by random drawing.
12. All decisions of the Teamsters Local Union #42 Executive Board
shall be final and binding.
Affiliated with International Brotherhood of Teamsters